A former federal prosecutor with over 25 years of experience and a proven track record of success.
Awards & Honors
- 2010-2012 SuperLawyers award as Criminal Defense attorney (SuperLawyers.com)
- 2004 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year Award (CLAY)
- 2004 Letter of National Commendation from Robert S. Mueller, FBI Director
- 2003 Letter of National Commendation from Robert S. Mueller, FBI Director
- 1999 Outstanding Federal Prosecutor Award presented by the National Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
- 1996 Executive Director's Award for Outstanding Performance by an Assistant United States Attorney Presented by Attorney General Janet Reno in Washington, D.C.
- 1995 Letter of National Commendation from Louis J. Freeh, FBI Director
- 1994 Letter of National Commendation from Louis J. Freeh, FBI Director
- 1993 Inspector General's Integrity Award
- Department of Justice Outstanding Performance Award/Rating (multiple)
About Steven F. Gruel
Why chose Steven F. Gruel? Simple. His years of experience, promise of individual attention and proven track record of success is what you need for your criminal, civil or business legal matter.
Steven is licensed in all state and federal courts in California and Wisconsin. He has represented clients in federal courts from California to New York and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
After starting with a litigation firm in Madison, Wisconsin in 1985, Steven F. Gruel later joined the United States Department of Justice in 1987. After working successfully for many years with the INS, he joined the US Attorney's office and worked in the Organized Crime & Racketeering Strike Force rising to the rank of Acting Chief in 2002 and eventually Chief of Major Crimes Section.
As a prosecutor, he took on complex cases such as a large scale RICO Prosecution of a prison gang (60 Minutes), one of the first Human Trafficking using Wiretaps (20 defendants) and abuse by federal government employees regarding use of government owned frequent flyer mileage and was awarded many honors and citations by various law enforcement groups during his many years of service.
In 2005 Steven Gruel, began his solo practice and has taken on the defense of cases involving high profile individuals (Hollywood Investigator to the Stars, Anthony Pellicano), public officials (San Francisco Supervisor Ed Jew) and large multi-national corporations and many other cases.
With this experience comes a deep commitment to justice. Steven listens to, and is a tireless advocate for, his clients. His goal is to help people resolve their cases in a way that minimizes the damage to their reputation and lives.
Call Steven Gruel today at 415-989-1253, or contact him here to secure your path to victory.